Monday, November 18, 2019

Assessment

What is your reaction to the text you just read? 
   The text was weird and had a lot of elements that are thrown ate you. From having someone have multiple limbs that stretch out to people eating unfertilized eggs from these people. The story itself is interesting and I like the world building. It explains who they are and how their own politics work within T'Gatoi's society. I also like the backstory of T'Gatoi and the main characters mother, explaining the backstory of their relationship and their attitudes towards each other. I also like the descriptive events that take place and the reactions of all the characters involved. The overall story telling is really good and immersive, however, sometimes it gets a little confusing for me and I had to go back and reread some paragraphs. This mainly happened in the beginning when we had multiple names of people thrown at the reader and they all seem to sound the same.

What connections did you make with this story? Discuss the elements of the work you were able to connect.
   Some connections I made with this story relates to the types of science fiction stories that I like. I also make some connections to how I like to have backstories to the characters and they aren't some 2D cookie-cutter characters.
   This story, while confusing to me at first, fits in the sub genre of science fiction that I like. The story is not specifically horror or gory but I does have these elements in the story and rather be used as shock value, it feeds into the story. I also like how T'Gatoi is described, it being somewhat similar to a human but with physical abnormalities but still being similar in mentality. T'Gatoi is seen to share similar parental traits and takes care of our main character.
   I also like how T'Gatoi is more likable and that the author gives them a backstory and how their relationship is forged with the mother. I also like how the whole family is given a reason to make a bond with T'Gatoi and not be a family by circumstance.

What changes would you make to adaptive this story into a another medium? What medium would you use and what changes would you make?
   The medium I would change this too would be science fiction horror and as a movie. The changes I would make would be to make T'Gatoi seem more human at first and then transition to this creature with multiple limbs and how they move. I would also change how T'Gatoi attacks and have them draw out the killings to make them seem more protective over their family and show their perspective on killing others. I would keep the character relationships since they work really well but I would have the main character and the sister play a slightly bigger role and get more involvement with T'Gatoi. I think that would be more interesting to play on in a form of a movie.









No comments:

Post a Comment